Hulya Ucar Art, Small scale curation and Creative Works:
- June/July 2018 Planning and facilitating filmmaking workshop for KS2 children during Art lessons, Dania School. With Asmita Shrish and Mari Shibata . Children made 2 horror shorts and presented their films at the End of year performance.
- May 2018 The Ring short film exhibited atWandsworth Fringe Festival
- Nov 2017 Art workshop for children at the London Kurdish Filmfestival 2017, Dugdale Centre, Enfield, London
- Sept 2017 Cph Art Run http://copenhagenartrun.dk/speaker/hulya-ucar/
- June 2017 Art workshop for children at the 7th Alevi Festival, Hackney Downs Park, London
- May 2017-Ongoing
Curator, artist and organiser for Group exhibition “Through the Eye
of Turkish Artists Living in London”; consisting of respectively two
exhibitions in London (May 2017) and then also in Ankara.
An exhibition catalogue and a CD will be made for the 2
exhibitions. (unfortunately this exhibition has been put on hold).
- May 2017 Curator at KHP Coffee House, Newington Green for Marbling
(Ebru-Art) Artist Hayrettin Kozanoglu for seeing Ebru Art in a more contemporary light.
- March 2017 Curator at Hawraman Café, Camden for artist Pinar Canpolat.
- Sept 2016-Feb 2017 Assistant coordinator at Nordic Festival 2017 as the idea mover for theDouble Migrant News event, which includes performances, event planning
and creating running order, coordinating, filming, writing, researching and
giving interviews for Danish TV, marketing on social media, realisation and
evaluation as well as curation of art works, stage and space. An article is
underway for the Danish media in collaboration with Anne Stoltenberg
from Migrant Voices in London.
- Sept 2016 –to present
Assisting curator at Petit Coin Café, Stoke Newington (curating,
PR/communication, translations from Turkish to English, writing the curatorial
introduction, practical works include the handling, packing and transportation of
- Nov 2014 Streatham High Streat Project. Turkish tea glass lamp exhibited at Award winning hairdresser Charles Carter.
- Oct 2014 Collaboration with Nepalese filmmaker Asmita Shrish on B3 Talentlab 2014
- Sep 2014 Group exhibition, Polisart Galata
- Oct 2013 Filmmaking workshop with artist Shirin Neshat and Shoja Azari in collaboration
with London Film School, https://vimeo.com/79903058
- Oct 2013 Outdoor exhibition at the Russet in Hackney Downs, http://artterrorist.co.uk/thewall
- Aug 2013 Muslima Arts and Voices exhibition; Performance and video installation at the
Women’s Museum in Aarhus, Denmark.
- May 2013 Cool Tan Arts . Volunteering as a curator for the project ”Postcard to the world”;
An exhibition on the legacy of the London Olympics in 2012 at Canada Water
Library. (Tuesdays 3hours. From May till 25 July). Cool Tan Arts is a charity
working with vulnerable people with mental illnesses supporting people through
facilitating Art workshops to express themselves and gain self-esteem.
- Apr 2013 Group exhibition “Foreign Bodies” at the Invisible Line Gallery, Dalston,
London. http://www.artlyst.com/whats-on-archive/foreign-bodies-a-group-exhibition-the-invisible-line-gallery-til/ https://www.artrabbit.com/events/foreign-bodies
- Feb 2013 Muslima Arts and Voices, online exhibition throughout 2013.
- September 2009: MA finale exhibition show, Uni of East London
- July 2009: Canary Wharf group exhibition, London
- March 2009: Part of The Triangle Project exhibition 2012, in the Meat packing District in Copenhagen September
- 2008: Part of The Triangle Project 5, at Karsi Gallery in Istanbul (the work: ‘Daniska’). January
- 2008: The BastART performative exhibition (BA exhibition) at Råhuset in Copenhagen.